Hello friends!! I am back with another yummilious recipe- "cheesy corn balls".. This recipe i dedicate it to all cheese lovers. It feels so nice to experiment on food and giving our family satisfied, tasty but nutritious food each and every day . Today's recipe is easy to make and tasty too .I am going to tell u the alternate ingredients which can used to reduce the calorie level of this dish.
Corn-1 cup ( frozen or fresh )
Paneer\ Indian cottage cheese-100 gm ( If paneer is not available, you can use boiled potato. I have used 1 potato )
Cheddar cheese-3/4 cup
Corn flour-2 tbsp
All purpose flour-1/4 cup
Salt to taste
Green chili-1 ( chopped )
Coriander leaves-2 sprigs( chopped )
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Oil for frying
Method of preparation
- Boil corn in little water till it is soft.
- Drain the water and coarsely grind in a grinder.
- Grate the Paneer or Potato.
- In a bowl, mix together corn, paneer, cheese, corn flout, all purpose flour, salt, green chili, green coriander and baking powder.
- Make 13-15 balls from the mixture
- Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes
- Take out from the refrigerator
- Dip the balls in milk and then in bread crumbs , so that they are coated with crumbs
- Refrigerate again for 10-15 minutes
- Heat oil in pan
- Take the balls out of the refrigerator and let them sit on the counter for at least 2-3 minutes before frying (caution : if not done the moisture in the balls will splutter in the hot oil ).
- When the oil is hot, Turn the heat to medium and fry the balls till golden brown
- Take care not to fry the balls at a very high heat , other wise they will turn black .
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
If you are health conscious then instead of full fat cheddar cheese you can use fat free cheese which is available in market now eg "kraft foods". Instead of using paneer or potato you can use Tofu paneer (soya paneer).Use olive oil to fry them. This way you can enjoy the same recipe in a little more healthier and fat free way.
If you don't have dry bread crumbs then you can take fresh bread, remove the brown corners and then crumble them in mixer ( see to tat there is no moisture in your grinder or mixer) .