Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake
Hi Friends ,
Today 's menu is a cake...Cakes are perfect dessert for any ocassion , Baking is my new venture and i just love to bake . Today's dish is an american traditional "Pineapple Upside Down cake" and i have made it indo -american how? .. You will know after reading this recipe ..
All purpose flour – 2 cup
Corn flour – 2 table spoon
Butter at room temperature – ½ cup
Condensed milk (one can) – 400 grams
Baking powder – 2 tea spoon
Baking soda – 1 tea spoon
Pineapple essence – few drops (optional)
Powdered sugar – ½ cup
For fruit arrangement at the bottom
Butter – 2 to 3 tea spoon
Jaggery powdered – ½ cup
Pineapple piece (cut into circles) – 4 no
milk / pineapple juice - 2 -3 tbsp
Method Of Preparation :
- Cream together butter, powdered jaggery and spread evenly in the bottom and sides of greased baking dish.
- Arrange your pineapple slices at the bottom above the creamed jaggery .
- Sieve together all purpose flour, corn flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and powdered sugar.
- Beat well butter, condensed milk, pineapple essence and mix with sieved flour-sugar mix; add chopped pineapple pieces and mix well.
- If cake mix is too dry, add 2 to 3 table spoon of milk or pineapple juice; now pour the mix in the greased and pineapple arranged tray carefully. Tap the cake tin once to remove the air bubbles if any.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 40 to 45 minutes.Again the temperature may vary according the oven you are using.
- Insert a tooth pick to check weather it is baked fully.If the toothpick comes clean then your cake is done. Cool well and invert the cake on your serving tray.
- Colorful Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake is ready. Cut and serve.
- Garnish it with cherry or strawberry or red grapes any thing u like.
cutaway section of the cake
- In traditional pineapple cake they add brown sugar instead of jaggery , i have added jaggery to give a Indian touch .If you have brown sugar available in your pantry then you can use it.
- You can even add glazed cherry in between the pineapple circles while arranging the pineapple circles in the baking tray (tis is before baking) . This gives a pleasant eye appeal to you dish .
Enjoy this recipe n post me your feedback...