Every mom has a trouble making their kids eat n kids eat only when it is attractive to their eye.Serve desi dalia(broken wheat porridge ) in an international style with vegetables and cheese, and your kids are sure to fall head over heels in love with it! Pour the prepared mixture into moulds of desired shapes and sizes, for interesting visual appeal. I am sure your kid will love this dish ..My daughter when she saw her dalia house in her plate she was very curious to try and liked it very much ... Thanking god to give me such a cute lil precious gift - my daughter...
- 1/2 cup broken wheat (dalia)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic (adrak-lehsun) paste(optional)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mixed vegetables(carrots, corn, French beans etc.)
- 1/4 cup grated cooking cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
- a few cream wafer biscuits , a few carrot cubes and a few french beans slices for the garnish
- Combine the broken wheat, ½ cup of milk and ½ cup of water in a non-stick pan and cook on a slow flame while stirring continuously till the broken wheat gets cooked. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the butter in the same pan, add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and sauté till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the mixed vegetables and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Add the broken wheat mixture, remaining ½ cup milk and cook on a medium flame till the liquid evaporates, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cheese, salt and pepper and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes or till the cheese melts.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- When cool, divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and put each portion into a square shape cookie moulds and press it firmly. Unmould and keep aside.
- Just before serving, make a roof using wafer biscuits, door using carrots and windows using French beans as shown in the picture. Serve immediately.