Make this simple and tasty treat on any occasion... i know every sweet tooth will like this variety malpua .. Tried malpua's using banana .. yummm ... it was super soft than the original malpua ... more over the rabdi add so much of flavor and yummm factor... sinfulll treat !!! :)
lets look for the ingredients and method of this delicious dessert..
1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup All-Purpose Flour or maida
1/4 cup Sooji (Semolina)
1 big one mashed well Banana
1 1/2 cups Milk (add more or less depending upon on how thick it looks)
1/2 cup Sugar
For Sugar Syrup
11/2 cups Sugar
1.5 cups Water
Rabdi ( You can refer my Rasmalai for Rabdi recipe click here)
- Mix all the ingredients under For batter . Add milk little by little after adding 11/4 cups by eyeballing it. The batter should not be very runny, it should be little bit thicker than usual dosa batter. Basically, when you pour a ladle in oil, it should hold shape of a circle and not run.
- Keep it aside for 1 hour .
- Prepare sugar syrup of 1 string consistency by mixing water and sugar..
- Keep it warm (not hot) when you are ready to fry malpuas.
- Take a small pan and add enough oil to be able to fry malpuas (make sure take u have enough oil so tat when malupa's are they rises up in the oil).
- Once the oil is hot, slow the fire and keep it that way as we want to fry these malpuas in medium heat .
- Now, take a ladle full of batter and try to pour it in a circular form in the middle of your pan (. Make sure, it is not too thin, or else it will break apart. Let it be thick .
- You will notice that it will slowly come up. Let it cook on both sides for about 1-2 min (depending on how hot your oil is).
- Please do not turn the malpua multiple times, so remember you flip only once.
- Once it is golden brown, drain it properly and dip it directly in the sugar syrup (if your malpua has lot of extra oil, then drain them in a paper towel).
- Let it be in the sugar syrup for about 5-10 seconds and remove it.
- Serve it warm (warm is good as it has syrup or else the syrup will crystallize) garnishing with some sliced or chopped pistachios. I topped these banana malpua with rabdi and drizzled some chocolate syrup on it..
sending tis to sharan's samayalarai
sending to siris food
sending to lemon kurry
sending to yashodha's kitchen
sending tis to cookbookjaleela