I am really happy to post this recipe bcoz i love to innovate and try my best to create or you can say experiment with food :).. My kitchen is turning to a chemistry lab now a days trying new and unique recipes is so much fun for me ..I had these ice cream cones which i used for making a castle cake for my kidoo on her second b'day .. will surely post the images of my castle cake in some other post . so i was wondering what should i do with the extra cones in my pantry.. hmmmmm why not top it with a scoop of ice cream and have it .. we are not big fans of ice cream but we like the cone part my hubby likes to have cone as such... thinking hmmmm what should i do???... then popped an idea making this yummy savoury cone ..My hubby loved this idea of savoury cone and patted my shoulders he he he ... It tasted so good . I Should thank my hubby a lot to encourage me n be a specimen for my experiments he he he he...lets see for the ingredients and method to prepare this masala cone :)
- 2 ice cream cones
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic chutney
- 1/4 cup corn boiled
- 1/2 teaspoon amchoor powder
- 1/4 cup potato, boiled and mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- green chutney, as needed
- ketchup, as needed
- nylon sev, as needed
- peanuts, as needed
- coriander, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 30 to 35 cloves garlic
- 5 tbsp Red Chili powder
- 5 Spoon Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin Seed
- Salt to taste
- Mix all ingredients and grind well.
- In a pan heat oil and add the ground paste .
- cook till it leave oil on side of the pan.
You can add more chili powder to make it spicier. You can store in air tied container for 10-12 days in refrigerator or at normal room temperature.
- 2 cups chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green chilies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Grind all the ingredients with a little water.
Method for preparing Stuffing:
In a pan heat oil , add the chopped onion saute till the onions are transparent then add tomato cook them till they are mash-able . Add the red chilli pd, turmeric, coriander pd, amchoor, salt and give it a mix. Now add the mashed potatoes , corn and combine them well . Now our stuffing is ready ...
Method of preparing masala cone:
Now we are all set to display our chaat ..
- First take a cone and spread garlic chutney in the inner part of the cone evenly .
- Then fill in the stuffing in the cone , let it be heaped so tat it looks like an ice cream..
- Top it with thick green chutney, ketchup, roasted peanuts ( as shown in the picture )..
- Sprinkle some sev ..