I love milk peda's and made these peda's for first time for diwali and it was a great hit.. Now we had invited some of our friends to our home and it was a sudden invitation i was thinking about what to do for dessert then thought that peda's must be perfect ... Easy to make and tasty too. All you need is 3 ingredients and microwave for 3 minutes and your yummy peda's will be ready to taste ..
lets look for simple ingredients to prepare these simple peda's
1 3/4th cup Milk powder (I used Low Fat)
1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.),
1 tbsp. butter, at room temperature
1/4th tsp. cardamom/elaichi pd
few strings saffron (soak the safforn strands in little warm milk for 5 mins and then use)
- Whisk together milk powder, condensed milk n cardamom pd (you can use a ladle or fork to whisk).
- Add butter n whisk again for a min.
- Stir in the saffron n mix well . Now microwave this mixture on high for 1 min give it a stir and again microwave for 1 min .Repeat this process for 1 more min.. Remove, let it cool slightly, so that you can handle it with your hands.
- Grease your hands with a little ghee, make small balls of the mixture while its still warm n flatten slightly or roll in desired shapes. As Christmas is nearing i shaped my peda's to a snowman , gingerbread men and Christmas tree using a cookie cutter..
- You may also add more milk powder if you experience problem forming the pedas..
- You can store these peda's but it becomes too dry....I would say prepare these instant peda's in no time and make them fresh don't store them ..