I bought honey nut cheerios for my daughter and thought she will finish them soon but i was wrong .. She just had them once and its lying a my pantry like pity thing .. so thought i should try some thing with these cheerios so came up with this recipe .. A "cheerio Raisin cookie" ...
Lets see for the yummy ingrdients for making these yummy cookies :)
Recipe source : yummly
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup Milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking or regular oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups Cheerios® cereal
1 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 375°F(180 C) . In large bowl, beat sugar and butter on medium speed until blended. Beat in Milk, oil and vanilla. In separate bowl stir in the sifted flour, oats, baking soda and salt. Stir in the cereal(cheerio) and raisins.
- Now combine the liquid ingredient and dry ingredients..The consistency of tis cookie batter must be a little loose and not tight.. It should be scoop-able ..
- Drop dough by slightly rounded tablespoonfuls or using an ice cream scoop 2 inches apart onto cookie sheet which should not be greased .I used a round large tablespoon which is like an ice cream scoop..
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack or a wire rack..
- Enjoy them with a hot cup of coffee , milk or tea in the morning ...
I made these cookies for my daughter's friend's @ school :)
No need to use your hands for these cookies as the cookie batter should be scoop-able and you Should be able to drop the scoop of batter on the baking sheet. After dropping do not disturb the batter on the sheet and just bake them, They will spread and from a round shape .. no need to worry about shapes these cookies look really good as such and tastes yummy ..
These cookies are great filling breakfast with milk and kids will love them..
In place of raisins, try dried cranberries or cherries.