Christmas is heading and all the ladies are busy in kitchen to innovate some new recipes ... Am here with a new recipe too ... Healthy cake which is made out of ragi flour :) yesss this healthy cake is made out of ragi and banana but you'll never find that its made of ragi flour And riped banana gives wonderful flavour to the cake :)
2 ripe Bananas
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 cup Ragi (Finger millet)
1 tsp Baking pd
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup milk ( depends on the consistency .. if u feel the batter is very tight and not flowing then you can add more)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp Cinnamon pd
3 tsp oil
vanilla extract 1/4 tsp
Whipped cream frosting - 500 g
- Sift the finger millet flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon twice in a large vessel. Take another vessel and add oil, milk and sugar in it, beat the liquid mixture with a fork or a whisk till the sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C ( 350 F) for about 10 minutes. Grease a round cake tin with oil or butter.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet liquid mixture little by little and fold lightly making circular motions.
- Pour the cake batter into the greased cake tin and bake for 30 minutes or till the cake is done. Check the cake by inserting a clean knife or tooth in it, if it comes out clean the cake is fully baked.
- Remove the pan from the oven and let it sit for 5 mins... Then turn the cake pan on another tray and slowly lift the cake pan ..cool this cake on a wire rack ..
- After the cake cools down completely slit the cake horizontally in to two layers ...Moisture the cake with sugar syrup and frost the cake by spreading the whipped cream frosting in a layer then place another layer in top of it and cover the whole cake with whipped cream frosting ..and decorated the cake as you like .... I Tried to make santa clause ...
- The cake is not very sweet, increase sugar a little if you like sweet bakes. As i frosted the cake i wanted my cake to be less sweeter so that it balances the taste ..
Looks like a chocolate cake isn't it ... he he but this is the color given by the ragi ..Merry christmas to all!!!!