Served at Christmas dinner/ lunch, it will definitely make the vegetarians at the table feel like we are getting something special! And yet the technique is simple enough to use for everyday snack, not just holidays.
Puff Pastry -1 sheet (For home made eggless puff pastry click here)
Boiled corn kernels 1 cup
Capsicum 1 cup (I used red capsicum)
Cheese (mozarella/proccessed) 2 tbsp
Green chilli paste 1 tsp
green chilli sauce 1 tbsp
tomato sauce 1 tbsp
red chilli pd 1tsp
Salt to taste
Milk to brush on top the puff pastry
- Heat oil in a pan ..
- Add green chilli paste n capsicum saute for while, then add boiled half crushed corn kernel .
- Add salt , green chilli sauce , tomato sauce , red chilli pd and saute till all ingredients are combined together.At last add cheese and mix well.
- Filling is ready!!!
Assembling the puff pastry :
- Place the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut slits 1-inch apart from the outer edge on each side of the pastry sheet.( Refer the pics)
- Spoon the filling down the center of the pastry. Starting at one end, fold the pastry strips over the filling, alternating sides, to cover the corn filling.
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the pastry onto a baking sheet. Brush the pastry with the milk.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let the pastry cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- You can give these puff pastries any shape you like.
- Paneer can also be included in the filling.
Sending to Learning to cook