Curd semiya is an alternate for regular curd rice and tastes better than a normal curd rice .. My kiddo loved this combination especially the grated carrot adds all goodness to this dish. lets look for the ingredients and method for making this delicious recipe..
Vermicelli/semiya - 1 cup
Onion -1 medium sized
Oil -1 tbsp
Chilled curd - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Grated Carrot - 1 small size
To temper :
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Urad Dal - 1 tsp
Finely chopped green chillies - 1
Ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Roast vermicelli in a pan for 2mins and keep seperately.
- Drizzle oil, temper mustard, urad dhal, green chillies and ginger.
- Add onions, saute till it becomes transparent.
- Now add 11/2 cups of water and bring it to boil, add salt to taste. Drizzle some oil so that vermicelli don't stick to each other and remain separated . Add roasted vermicelli to boiling water and keep closed for 3 mins.
- Now check if the vermicelli is cooked else sprinkle little more water before it starts sticking to the pan.
- Leave it to cool then add curd, carrot and mix well. It tastes good when it is served chilled with any pickle!