The peel of orange has its place in traditional indian dishes, and one such dish is the Orange Peel Chutney/pachadi. The tangy taste of this pachadi can be accompanied with any parathas or rice.
Orange Peel - 1 cup, chopped
Red chillies - 4 nos
Urad Dal - 2 tsp
Tamarind - goosebery size soaked in water (strain the tamarind water after few mins)
Salt as required
Oil - 2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida - a pinch
Jaggery pd- 1 tsp
- Select loose jacketed orange and chop outer skin.
- Remove innermost white pith which is bitter in taste.
- Chop orange peel into pieces.
- Heat little oil, season with mustard seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves, chillies and urad dal. If you want you can even add red chilli pd for better color and taste.
- Add the orange rind and saute till soft. Add tamarind water, salt and cook them till the raw smell goes off and oil leaves the corner of the mixture .At last add jaggery pd and mix.
- Your pachadi / chutney is ready to serve with dosa, idli, or side dish for any kozhambu with rice, parathas.
Sending to siris food
Sending to gayathri's cook spot
Sending to Lemon Kurry