A light creamy delicacy from west bengal made with curdled milk or paneer- "Sandesh" . Sandesh is a delicacy, served as a dessert. Made several different ways using freshly made paneer. But today's recipe will be "Pineapple sandesh" :) ..
Lets look for the ingredients and method to make tis lip smacking dessert :)
(Adapeted from tarla dalal recipes)
Paneer or chenna - 750 gms
(make fresh paneer see my rasgulla recipe for preparing chenna click here)
Sugar - 1 cup
Pineapple Slices - 1 cup
Pineapple Essence - 1/4 tsp
Sugar - 1 tblsp
Kesar strands few
1. Knead paneer with sugar for 2-3 minutes.
2. Heat it in low flame in a heavy pan for 2 minutes until sugar melts.
3. Remove and allow it to cool.
4. Add the pineapple essence and knead again till paneer becomes smooth. Add few drops of soaked kesar in warm milk to the panner if you want to give them colour..
5. Chop pineapples
6. Mix it with sugar and heat till sugar melts.
7. Add kesar strands and remove from fire.
8. Prepare small balls from this mixture.
9. Flatten each balls and top them with chopped pineapple . You can even stuff pineapple in each sandesh..
10. Granish with kesar strands.
we can try making these sandesh with different fruits like orange , mango .....