This cake was my valentines day spl surprise for my hubby .. He was delighted to see this edible bouquet cake and loved it.. As i already made too many cakes wanted to try something fat free and healthy so made a vegan cake for this valentines day .. So with out any further ado lets see how to make a "vegan choco beet cake" .
1 cup Plain flour
1/4 cup oil
2 tbsp beetroot ( boiled and pureed)
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup soy milk
1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Pre heat the oven at 200 F.Add butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Beat till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Shift the cake flour,coco powder,baking powder and baking soda. Add beet puree to the flour
- Mix the flour mixture with butter mixture and blend well.
- Mix the vanilla essence with the soy milk and add in with the mix and blend well.
- Grease the tin with oil / butter and then line it with grease parchment paper.
- Transfer the cake mix into the tin.
- Bake it for 30-40 minutes at 250 F or till the wooden skewer inserted in the middle.Cool down .Level the cake from top with a sharp knife .
- Now cake is ready for frosting. Frost the cake with butter cream or whipped cream frosting and decorate it as you like :)
I made a bouquet cake so i made colorful roses on top after crumb coating my cake ..
I also filled a small amount of cake batter in ice cream cones and made cone cake which i'll post it separately .
I wanted to make a rose cake for a long time .. now had a reason to make one :)