Pav bhaji is staple street food all over India , they are mainly found most at streets of mumbai. This is a spicy blend of vegetables served with roasted pav bread . Pav bhaji are generally made with a mixture of vegetable but i did add a twist to it by adding pumpkins to it. They tasted really yumm and much much better than the usual pav bhaji i make . Lets quickly look at this yummy fast food recipe of pumkin in pav bhaji :)
Pav buns - 6 nos
Yellow Pumpkin (chopped)- 2 cup heaped
Onion(chopped)- 2 no medium sized
Potato(chopped)- 1 no medium sized
Vegetables(beans, carrots etc.,any vegetable of you choice chopped)- 1 cup
Pav Bhaji masala - 2 tbsp (as per your spice buds )
Chili powder- 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
Lemon- 1/2 no
Salt to taste
Oil/butter - 2 tbsp + for toasting the buns as required
- Set aside 1 chopped onion for garnishing. Cook mixed vegetables, potatoes and pumpkin in a pressure cooker or boil them in a pan of hot water till the are well done
- Don't add too much water while cooking. After the vegetables are done, drain and mash them coarsely. Heat butter (or oil) in a pan and fry onion and ginger garlic paste.
- When onions turn translucent, and then add tomatoes. Continue frying till it turns soft. Now add Pav Bhaji Masala, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Now you can add the mashed vegetables. Turn up the heat and continue stirring till everything is well incorporated. Take off the stove when the bhaji is thick.
- Cut Pavs in half horizontally and lightly coat it with butter. Roast them on hot griddle just before serving. Garnish Bhaji with chopped coriander leaves, chopped onions and a thin wedge of lemon.
Sending to Priya's versatile recipes
Sending to Foodabulous Fest- Celebrate “February Month”
Sending to Hema adugemane
Sending to Lemon Kurry
Sending to eniniyeillam