Quick and instant corn dhokla, a tasty combo of sweet corn and rava come together in this delicious dish! it is really amazing how the fresh flavour of the crushed sweet corn kernels enhances the taste of the otherwise bland rava.When sweet corn kernels is blended with curds, these dhoklas are sure to win you many compliments. And what’s more, it can be whipped up in no time at all! fruit salt works its magic by helping the dhoklas to rise without any fermentation. lets look for the ingredients and method for making these yummy dhoklas.
3/4 cup sweet corn kernels (makai ke dane)
1/2 cup low fat curd
1 cup semolina /rava
1/2 tsp ginger-green chilli paste
salt to taste
1 tsp fruit salt
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
2 slit green chillies
1 tsp sugar
1//4 cup water
1 tsp oil
For The Garnish
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- Combine the sweet corn and curds together and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add the semolina, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and ½ cup of water and mix well.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle the fruit salt and add lemon juice over it.
- When the bubbles form, mix gently and pour spoonfuls of the batter immediately into greased dhokla mould.
- Steam for 15 to 20 minutes or till the dhoklas are cooked.
- For tempering: In a pan heat oil add mustard seeds, sesame seed. Once they starts popping add slit green chillies saute and then add sugar and water boil for 2 mins and then turn off the stove.Pour this water in steamed dhokla's as required .
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve this hot with mint chutney.
If you do not have moulds, use small cups/vatis. Or you can even spread the batter in a thali, steam and cut into pieces.
Sending to Saras tasty budsSending to priya's versatile recipes
Sending to Nithu's kitchen
Sending to Hema's Adugemane