This a tangy version of puloa which i liked a lot .. The tangy tomatoes are well blended with rice and there comes a delicious puloa to your plate . In this puloa I used Long grain rice which makes the puloa more attarctive and tempts everyone to have them. The green peas in it adds extra color and taste to this puloa . The rice variety can be served for lunch or dinner with some raita . If you are a spice lover you can increase the spices in this recipe.Now lets quickly look for the ingredients and method to prepare this yummy puloa
Basmati rice 1 cup
Tomato-2 medium sized
Onion-1 medium sized
Ginger garlic paste-1/2 tsp
Green peas-1/4 cup
Red chilli powder-1/4 tsp
Sambhar pd- 1 tsp
Coriander leaves-2 tblsp chopped
Oil/ ghee 2 tblsp
Cardamom- 1 no
Bay leaf-1 no
- Soak basmati rice and chop tomatoes , onion and slit green chillies. Heat a pan with oil or ghee and temper with the cardamom, clove and bay leaf .
- Add green chillies, onions and fry till onion turns transparent. Add ginger garlic paste, green peas and fry for a minute. Then add tomatoes.
- Add salt, turmeric, masala powder and red chilli powder, sambhar pd. Fry till the tomatoes turn mushy.
- Drain the soaked rice and add it. Fry for a minute and add 1 1/2 cup of water, coriander leaves. Bring to boil and then put this a slow cooker or a pressure cooker until 2 whistles in low flame .
- Drizzle a tsp of ghee and mix well when the rice is done. Serve with any raita.
You can also include tomato ketchup in the recipe and instead of sambhar pd use pav bhaji masala :) they taste equally gud.
Sending to Priya's versatile recipes
Sending to Foodabulous Fest- Celebrate “February Month”
Sending to Hema adugemane
Sending to eniniyeillam