Its so very easy to prepare fresh jam at home with out any preservative and ingredients needed are easily available . Sweet and citrusy jam is brightened up with lime juice for an easy and delicious spread .This delicious jam is perfect for spreading on toast or can be just spread on plain breads any ways it is going to be yummm ..
Pineapple - 2 cups Heaped ( chopped into cubes)
Sugar - 1 cup
Nut meg - 1/4 tsp
Lemon - 1/2 (halved)
- Grind the chopped pineapple in the blender till they are nice and pureed.
- In a pan add the pineapple puree , sugar and cook them in low flame till the sugar dissolves.
- After the sugar dissolves turn the heat high and stir constantly using an wooden ladle , add nutmeg and stir well. When making any jam its recommended to use wooden ladle .
- The mixture will keep on getting thicker .To test whether the jam is ready and see if it feels sticky and forms a string on separating the two.
- Turn off the flame. Let it cool down a bit add lemon juice . If it cools down if you drop it with the spoon then it falls in clots.
Enjoy this fresh jam and store them in refrigerator for up to 3 months in a sterilized glass jar .