This is really yummy tea time snack which my H loves a lot . Dhokla's are soft and porous a great snack anytime of the day. Dhokla are a great gluten free light and healthy option as well..As dhokla this Khaman is made of rava / semolina it is a bit heavy but really a delicious and instant dhokla .This goes well with some mint or coriander chutney .They are a good breakfast options too .. Lets quickly look for the recipe for this yummy Gujarati snack .
1 cup semolina(rava)
1 tbsp chickpea flour(besan)
1 cup yogurt
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 no green chilli finely chopped
salt to taste
1/4 tsp turmeric powder(haldi)
1 tsp eno fruit salt
2 tbsp oil
1 tsp fine mustard seeds
1 tsp sesame seeds (til)
2 slit Green chilli
2 tbsp chopped Coriander leaves
1 tbsp Oil
1 tbsp Grated fresh coconut(optional)
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
5-6 Curry leaves
1 tsp Sesame seeds or til (optional)
Water -3/4 cup
- Mix semolina, besan, yogurt, lemon juice, turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste,Green chilli, salt, and add water to this to make a batter. Consistency should be like dosa batter.
- Grease a small pan with oil.Take a large pan or pot in which the smaller pan can fit.
- Add water in the larger pan and bring it to boil.
- Keep it in the large pan containing boiling water
- Put the Eno fruit salt in the batter and beat well till frothy for a minute and immediately pour in the greased plate.
- Cover the large pan with a lid and let steam on high for about 10-15 minutes.
- To check for whether the dhokla's are done insert a toothpick in the center of the dhokla.
- Take the plate out of the steamer and let cool slightly for 5-8 minutes and cut into squares or diamond shapes.
- Heat the oil for the tempering in a small pan , add the mustard seeds, sesame seeds and when they splutter add the slit green chillies and saute. Add 1/2 cup water and sugar , boil them. Pour this tempering all over the dhokla.
- Sprinkle with shopped coriander leaves and grated coconut(optional).
- Serve then warm with ketchup or green chutney .