Aamras is the pulp of the tropical fruit Mango eaten in India. The pulp of a ripe fruit is extracted usually by hands and consumed along with Chapati. My mom use to just take a small part of the top off sip in all the juice without peeling the mango even. Sugar is added to adjust the sweetness. A regional version of Aamras is a popular dessert in Rajasthani cuisine and Marwari homes.
Ripened mangoes 3(medium size)
sugar 1/4 cup
whole milk - 1/2 cup
Cardamom pd - 1/4 tsp
saffron stands - for garnish
- Wash the mangoes, then peel and chop them.
- In a blender, add the chopped mango pieces and blend.
- Then blend the mangoes, sugar, milk, cardamom powder together. Mix the saffron in the mango pulp.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
Serving options :
- Serve with hot pooris or even with steamed rice. we also have aamras mix in rice it tastes really yumm.
- You could also serve the aamras as a dessert topped with cream.
- You can also serve it with vanilla ice cream.