Am so happy that my event had a great response and all the participants enjoyed it and some participants where telling me that they are already missing my event :). Thanks to all non-blogger's for submitting you delicious recipes for this event "Come on - Lets cook buddies". I will be Posting all the recipes i got for this contest for now and after completing will announce the results . I know all are curious for the roundup will surely complete the posting and trying all recipes and then will announce the winners so till then enjoy all the recipe which i received for my event :). Here i am with another healthy and delicious recipe from +Aishwarya Srinivasan .. Lets move on to the recipe shared by +Aishwarya Srinivasan .
Nowadays I'm doing experiments in my kitchen and now I came out with this Wonderful Recipe. Thanks to Manju, for encouraging me.
My kid loved this Usili :) I swear, u will never find the taste of Bitter Gourd. U can pick any kind of veggie to make usili.
Bitter gourd - 3 medium size (remove the seed and chopped)
Carrot - 1 large or 2 medium size (chopped)
Onion - 1/2 big size (chopped)
Oil - 1/2 tbsp.
Musrard Seed - 1/4 tsp
Whole Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Red chilli - 3
Jaggery powder - 1 tbsp
Toor dal - 1/2 cup
Channa dal - 1/2 cup
Red chilli - 2
Hing - a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Method of Preparation
- Boil Bitter Gourd and Carrot in Pressure Cooker by adding some water. Once it is cooked drain the water completely.
- Soak the dals together for 3hrs. Grind it along with chilli , hing and salt into a coarse paste. If necessary, add little water.
- Add a tbsp. of oil in a non stick pan, pour the dal mixture and sauté them in simmer. After they will get stick to the pan, slowly break them with spatula into fine pieces and keep it aside. Usili is ready.
- Now add oil in another pan, add mustard seed, urad dal, red chilli, onion and salt. Sauté them for few minutes and add bitter gourd and carrot and cook them till the moisture is completely observed.
- Switch off the flame and add jaggery , mix well. Curry is ready.
- Now combine usili and curry slowly and mix well.
- Don't over cook the veggies. 2 whistle is enough.
- Draining the water from veggie is very important. If it is too watery then the recipes will become messy.
- When u make usili, if u r not able to break the usili into fine pieces in tawa, let the usili cool for some time and then u rub it using hand. If u grind the dals into coarse paste, u will not get this problem.
- Adding carrot will give natural sweetness to this recipe.
- Veggies should be seen. Do not finely chop it.