Am very happy in taking part in meenu anuty's giveaway event @ Homely food or more than that i feel very happy when i try my fellow bloggers recipes and share it here. she has a lovely blog and yummy collection of recipes. Am going cook some of my family favorite dishes from her blog and post it :) Of course all credits to meenu anuty .Today am here with a simple gravy recipe which is very easy and tastes delicious . This is a healthy recipe as it has green veggi and dal in it-" Bottle gourd channadal " Here is meenu anuty's version of this recipe ( click here ). Lets see all the ingredients needed and method to make this jiffy curry :)
1 cup Channa dal (split Bengal gram)
1 cup Chopped bottle gourd (doodhi / lauki)
1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
1/4 tsp Cumin seeds (jeera)
1 tsp Red chilli pd
1/4 tsp Cumin pd
1 tsp Dhania or coriander pd
1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (haldi)
Coriander leaves for garnishing
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Wash the dal and soak in water. keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Pour in the oil into a pressure cooker and add jeera, mustard seeds , asafoetida.. After mustard and jeera splutter's, add Ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Now drain the water and add the soaked channa dal.
- Add all the dry spices- red chilli pd, turmeric pd, dhania pd, cumin pd and give it a mix
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes, now add the bottle gourd and stir them well.
- Add salt to taste and 2 cups of water.
- Pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice or chapathi.
- This can also be made in pot but it takes time cook channa dal and lauki/ Bottle gourd . so pressure cooker makes it easy and ready with in 10 mins.
- You can also add tomato puree and onion and make this gravy .
Thank you meenu anuty :) we loved this gravy very much .
Sending to Homely Food
Sending to virundhu unna vaanga