I Am so blessed today :) Y??? Because today this is not only a event entry but blessing for me from this participant :) As you know the famous blog "Priya's Versatile Recipes" whose author is the well known, kind hearted person- +Priya Suresh aks have sent me her Mom's special recipe as an entry to my event " Come on - Lets cook Buddies" . So Sweet of her to share about this event to her mom and her mom has blessed me with an innovative recipe for us :) Now we know why Priya aks come's up with an innovative and different recipes always- "as mom as daughter" :) . Am so happy and thankful to priya's aks for the support and encouraging words you have been showering me aks . Am also thankful to her mom for sharing this innovative recipe :) Let's know more about this versatile food blogger's mom :)
Hey Anuty !! We would love to know about you as we are already a fan of your daughter's versatile recipes ..n We know every mom is her daughter's first guru when it comes to cooking ? :)
My name is Shanthi Varma, am a home maker, living in Paris with my husband and my kids. Cooking is one of a stress buster for me and never stopped myself by trying different dishes and brings out my innovations.
We know that you will have so many secret tips with you anuty :) Plz share at least one tip with us ?
To peel the skins of shallots easily drop them in hot water and let them sit for half an hour.You can peel easily now.
Thank you anuty !! It was so nice knowing you :) Lets see the versatile recipe she has got to share with us today :)
IntroductionRagi - Moongdal ladoos a nutritious,protein packed ladoos prepared with ragi/pearl millet flour and yellow moongdal. Have you ever combined this both together?, even i didn't thought of this combination before few days, while my daughter asked me a post for her friend Manjula, we talked together for hours and finally we concluded it as this healthy ladoos. This ladoos needs ghee, don't use milk to for making this ladoos. You can also name its as nutritious balls, make some and feed your kids.
1/4 cup Ragi flour
3/4 cup Yellow moong dal
1/2 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Ghee
2 nos Green cardamoms
Few cashew nuts and raisins
- Dry roast the ragi flour in low flame until a nice aroma comes out,keep aside.
- In the same pan, dry roast the yellow moongdal until they turns golden brown.Let it cool completely.
- Now take the dry roasted yellow moongdal,sugar,green cardamoms together in a mixer, grind for few seconds.
- Add the roasted ragi flour and grind again, you can either grind bit smooth or bit coarsely.
- Meanwhile heat the ghee in a vessel fry the nuts and raisins in it.
- Gradually add the warm ghee to the grounded powder and make medium sized ladoos from the mixture.
- Have it anytime of the day.
Really a innovative recipe.. Thank you so much Anuty :) Stay tuned for the next entry of " Come on - Lets cook buddies" Event.