We all will be having left over rice and will be wondering what can be done with it . Here is an delicious starter recipe from Homely Food . Thanks to meenu anuty for the wonderful idea to make use the leftover rice . These rice pakoda's so very delicious and my H just loved this crispy treat. I made some minor changes to the original recipes by adding dill leaves to it for extra flavor and delicious taste. Lets quickly move to the recipe.
2 cups rice
1/2 cup Besan
1/4 cup rice flour
1/2 cup curd
2 chopped green chillies
1/2 tsp red chilli pd
1/4 tsp turmeric pd
1/2 tsp cumin pd
2 tbsp Coriander leaves chopped
2 tbsp dill leaves chopped
1 inch ginger finely chopped
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
- In a bowl take the leftover rice and combine all the ingredients mentioned above.
- Mix well and see whether you are able make balls . If you are not able make balls and the mixture is bit dry then sprinkle some water and try to make balls.
- In a pan heat oil and once the oil is hot enough to fry start sliding the balls in the oil.
- Fry them till golden brown and keep them on a kitchen towel/ tissue so that excess oil is drained out .
- Crispy rice pakodas are ready to serve with any chutney .
Sending to Homely Food
Sending to virundhu unna vaanga