Thank you to all my blogger friends for encouraging words you have been showering for my event . There is so many recipes being poured in my mail everyday . Have lots of recipes in my hand to try already :) Will re-post each and every entry giving all credits to the non blogger who are sharing lovely recipes in my blog . Thank you so much to all keep supporting this event and enjoying all the entries shared by our very kind non blogger's :). It's really going to be tough for me and the judges to select a winner as the contest is filled with so many yummy recipes .. All my reader stay tuned more yummy and innovative recipes is to come for this contest :)
Now lets come to today's entry ... She is rocking in this contest with so much of enthu but there are many more entries to come :) . Once again its +Aishwarya Srinivasan with a delicious entry for the contest . Enjoy her recipe dearies :) Over to her ..
This is my favorite recipe. It gives more taste if u use young snack guard. My mom Prepares this dish so yummy. I dedicates this recipe to my mom.This recipe can be serve as a side dish for Hot Poori or Chapati and u could also serve it as a dessert.
Snack guard - 2 medium
2% Milk - 3 cup
Jaggery - 3/4 cup
Coconut - 2 tbsp
Cardamon powder - 1/8 tsp
Saffron - a pinch
ghee - 4 tbsp
Cashews, Almond, Raisin, Urad dal - For Seasoning
- Cut the Snack Gourd into two halves and remove the seed.
- Chop into small pieces.
- Heat the pan , add some ghee and then add chopped snack guard, saffron and milk. Stir it occasionally.
- Cook on medium heat. The mixture can stick at the bottom.
- Cook it well till the snack gourd becomes very soft.
- Once it comes to semi solid state , add jaggery, coconut, cardamon pd.
- Switch off the flame, When it becomes thick .
- Take another vessel, add some ghee. Fry chopped cashews, Almonds, raisin, urad dal and pour it on top.
- Serve hot or cold.
Urad dal gives an extra flavour to this recipe.
You can use White and Yellow Pumpkin also to prepare this paal kottu.