Hi friends !! Am here with another interesting entry for my event " Come On - Lets Cook Buddies" :) Am so glad and happy that she sent me an recipe to share with you all . She is such an sweet person and very kind hearted . She is a mother of a cute lil angel who is my daughter's friend at school. Happy to introduce our new participant for this event - +Tessy savio :) . Thank you so much tessy for sending me an interesting and yummy looking recipe for my event :) . She has been a great help to make paal kozhukattai for my SNC challenge . Welcome to my space dear!! :) Now lets know more about Tessy Savio :)
Hi Tessy :) Tell my readers some interesting things about you ? :)
My name is Tessy . I live in U.S with my husband and daughter.I am from kerala. I came to know about this event from Manjula herself. Our daughters are classmates.
I am here with the recipe of a sweet dish called Apple Toffee. Even though its named as Apple Toffee , its not related to Apple in anyway. It got its name from its shape..
Dry milk powder - 1+ 1/4 cups
Sugar -3/4 cup
Water -1/4 cup
Grated coconut-1 cup
Ghee- 2 tsp
Colour - 1/4 ts p( you can take any colour)
Vanilla Essence -1 tsp
Cashewnut Pd - 1/4 cup
Cloves - 25 nos
Method Of Preparation
- Take a thick bottom vessel and keep it in low flame, add sugar and water, Once the sugar is completely dissolved let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 cup milk powder and stir until it has a smooth consistency
- Mix the finely grated coconut to the above mixture and stir continuously.
- Once it starts to stick to the vessel add the ghee.
- When it becomes hard enough to so that you can shape it, add colour, essence and cashew-nuts pd , turn off the flame after stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining 1/4 cup milk powder, then mix thoroughly
- Now make small balls using the mixture and insert one clove in each of these balls to make it look like an apple.
- To make smooth balls apply ghee or oil on palm.
- Attaching a couple of photos of the sweet I made at home.
Wow that was very interesting and eye-catchy presentation right ?! Am loving the presentation so much :). You have done a great job Tessy . Am so happy that you part of this event .Thank you for these delicious "Apple Toffee's " :)