Hi Friends !! Am back with another entry for my event " come on - Lets Cook Buddies" . This entry is sent to me by a blogger buddies cousin. This blogger has a lovely blog with great recipes and awesome clicks :). She is a very close buddy of mine . She is so very kind hearted and so encouraging . What ?? still wondering whose this person.. She is my very gud buddy +Divya Prakash author of "Divya's Culinary Journey" . Thank you so much divya for encouraging your cousin and sending me "Dharshana Ram". 's recipe for my event. Dharshana Ram is going to share a yummy dessert recipe today. Thank you dharasana for being a part of this event. So lets quickly chit chat with our new participant :)
Hello dharshana!! Tell us something interesting about you?
I am Dharshana Ram from Bangalore . I graduated in Civil Engineering and am currently pursuing my hobbies at home such as stocking flowers, quilling, card making, clay dolls, silk ribbon embroidery and of course baking and cooking. ( inspired by my sister who blogs under "Divya's Culinary Journey" and other food bloggers )
Wow you have so many talents dear :) Great!!
Do you want to share some of your kitchen secrets or tips with us Dharshana ?
- To get soft idlies wash , soak urad dal and keep it in fridge till you grind it and you can use that cold water for grinding .
- While frying okra you can add a teaspoon of rice flour to make it crispy.
Thank you for these lovely tips dharshana :)
Now Over to Dharsana Ram and her recipe :)
I had tried the banoffee pie once at a restaurant and ever since I thought of making this at home. I found the richness of the banana with condensed milk to be very exciting. And the layered presentation to be very eye catching.
Serves : 2
Condensed milk – 1 Can
Digestive crackers/Marie biscuit – 5
Butter – 1/4 Cup
Whipped cream – 1/2 Cup
Banana - 2
Grated chocolate to decorate
I had refered to the below blog for the receipe and derived it to make a serving for 2.
Recipe source: Swapna 's cuisine (Credits to the blogger)
Method of Preparation
Making of Dulce de Leche
- Take a heavy bottomed deep and wide pan and fill it with 3/4 th water and boil it. Leave the unopened condensed milk can and boil it for 3 hours in simmer.
- Ensure that the can is totally immersed in water throughout.
- Longer the boiling duration, thicker the consistency of the dulce de Leche will be. Cool the container to room temperature and leave it in refrigerator till using it.
- Powder the biscuits and mix it with the butter. This is the base of the pie.
- Whip the cream until we get soft and stiff peaks, either with hand or electric mixer.
- Layer and set the powdered biscuit mixture in equal amounts in 2 glasses.
- Spread the Dulce de Leche as the second layer
- Slice the bananas and place it over the Dulce de Leche
- Spread the whipped cream on top of the banana layer
- Decorate with grated chocolate/cocoa powder finally
- Set in fridge until served
- Whipped cream can be replaced with vanilla icecream as well.
- Refer online for different ways of making Dulce de Leche
- Avoid opening the can of condensed milk when hot
Wow that was an delicious dessert by Dharshana isn't it !!.. Thank you so much for sharing this delicious Banoffee Pie dear :)