Here i am with one another yummy and interesting recipe being shared by +Aishwarya Srinivasan . Thanks to aishwarya for sharing such delicious recipe in my space . Coming to today's recipe which +Aishwarya Srinivasan has got to share . Cauliflower Tandoori. Even though my h is allergic cauliflower i have been making some interesting being shared by non-blogger's using cauliflower. So only those cauliflower recipes as i'll be tasting them i have to judge and my h will not do the tasting part. So happy to try all the recipes which i have received for my event "Come On - Lets Cook Buddies" . Thanks to our non blogger friends for intriducing such so many innovative and delicious recipes :)
Now +Aishwarya Srinivasan will be sharing her delicious recipe starting with an cooking tip :)
Over to +Aishwarya Srinivasan
Poppy seeds are good for High Cholesterol. Roast White Poppy seed, Powder it and mix it with a glass of milk. Drink every night.
Cauliflower Tandoori is a perfect Thanks Giving Vegetarian dish, or even for a potluck. Amaze your family and your guests with this spectacular dish with an awesome presentation.
Cauliflower – 1 medium size
Yogurt – 1 cup
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
Tandoori Masala – 2 tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Kastoori Methi - 1/4 tsp
Paprika - 1/4 tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp
Onions – 2 medium
Salt – to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
Tomato - 1 cup, pureed
Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cilantro - finely chopped
- Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth for about 30 minutes.
- Trim the Cauliflower and take off the leaves and excess stalk making sure the Cauliflower stays as one piece.
- Wash the Cauliflower very well under running water or soak it in water for a 5 minutes..
- Put the Cauliflower into a zip lock bag.
- Do not drain out all the water out of the cauliflower and close the zip lock only half way- leaving it open for the vent to escape.
- Microwave on high 5-7 minutes (depending on the size cauliflower and the quality).
- * Keep an eye on the microwave because microwave cooking varies. the Cauliflower should feel soft yet firm on touch.
- Once the Cauliflower is done, take it out carefully (it will be hot).
- Place it on a platter that is oven-proof and can to used at the table as well.
- Pour the ‘hung yogurt’ into a bowl and add in all the ingredients for the marinade and mix well.
- Rub the marinade over the Cauliflower. Flip it as well as you want to let some marinade get into the stems.
- Let the Cauliflower marinate for about an hour.
- Place in the Cauliflower into the oven on broil on high.
- It will take between 10 minutes for the cauliflower to get a brown color with few spots on top..
- For the garnish, take a pan and add oil and onion.
- Add in the rest of the garnish ingredients except for the cilantro.
- Cook for 2 minutes and Add cilantro.
- Place the garnish on the platter around the cauliflower and serve hot.
This is the Best Side Dish for Rice, Naan, Roti and Pulov.
You can also cut the Cauliflower into Small florets and marinate them. But it will take more time.