Hi friends !! Here i am to share an yummy , healthy and delicious starter recipe with you all :). I am sure all of you love to have aloo tikki , this tikki is slightly diffrent and protein rich as i have used Kabuli channa/ Chickpeas/Garbhanzho beans. These are perfect tea time snack and are delicious snack for rainy days. My H enjoyed this snack liked it a lot :). Perfect starter to start with an delicious meal and quick to make even if the chickpeas are already boiled.
1 cup of boiled chickpeas (kabuli chana)
1 medium potatoes
3 tbsp chopped Onion
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp chopped cilantro /coriander leaves
1 chopped green chili seeded, adjust to taste
1/2 tsp Red chilli pd
1/2 tsp cumin pd
1/2 Turmeric pd
1 tsp Rice flour ( you can add little extra if the mixture is too mushy )
1 tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
Oil to shallow fry
- Boil potatoes until they are tender but not too very mushy.
- Once cooked, drain the water and let the potatoes cool down.
- After potatoes are cool, peel the skin off and grate the potatoes.
- Drain the water out of the chickpeas and dry the chickpeas using paper towel .
- Mash the chickpeas coarsely .
- Mix all the ingredients together adjust salt and chillies to your taste.
- With oiled hands, divide the mixture into equal portions.
- Make them into the shape of patties keeping them about a half inch thick.
- Heat the oil in a flat bottom saucepan/ Tawa on medium flame .
- Place the Tikkis in the tawa/saucepan and shallow fry the Tikkis on both sides until both sides are golden brown. If the Tikki is very dry use more oil as needed without making them too very greasy.
- Serve Tikki hot. Tikki can also be served with tomato ketchup/chutney.
- If mixture is too moist Tikki will break.So make sure there is not too much of moisture in chickpea or potato.
- Tikki can be made before and refrigerated for two days.
- You can even bake these patties at 350 F for 15- 20 mins or till golden brown.
- Instead of onions you can even substitute Spring onion greens and the onion blubs .
- You can make these patties in different shapes as you like .
- I added rice flour so that it gives the mixture bind well and also to make it little crispier.
Sending Jagruti cooking odyssey