Here i am with another delicious dessert . As my event came to an happy ending i wanted to celebrate this with all my friends and participants who where working so hard to make my event " Come on - Lets cook buddies" a grand success :) . Thanks to all my blogger pals for those encouraging words you have been dropping in my blog :) . So here comes a sponge cake to celebrate this occasion.Thanks to +Meena B anuty for this yummy recipe :) see her recipes here at Homely food. Lets move on to the recipe for this yummilious "Eggless chocolate sponge cake ".
This is a chocolate sponge cake which is perfect with tea or coffee. Enjoy this cake with or without frosting .
1 1/4 cup All purpose flour/ Maida
4 tbsp cocoa powder
3/4 cup Powdered sugar (adjust according to taste)
1 cup thick yogurt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup Oil
2 tbsp Milk (if needed add more)
a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 C/ 350 F 10 mins ahead.
- Grease with any fat & Line your cake pan. Note -You can also do this way - grease you cake pan and sprinkle some all purpose flour and rotate the pan so that the flour is covered completely in to the pan. This don so that the cake doesn't stick in the pan.
- Add powdered sugar to thick yogurt / curd and beat well to form a smooth mixture. Add oil and Mix well.
- Now add baking powder, baking soda , a pinch of salt and vanilla essence to the yogurt mixer.
- Beat the mixture well. You can see tiny bubbles all over the yogurt.Keep a side for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl sift your flour & cocoa twice.
- Divide the flour into batches and add the flour in to the yogurt mixture in batches and in one go.
- Keep doing until all the flour is in the yogurt mix. It should be flowing consistency not too thin nor too thick .
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake pan.
- Bake at 180 C for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean without leaving wet batter.
- Invert the cake in a tray , remove the parchment paper & let it cool completely before frosting them .
- Serve as it is, chilled . I covered my cake with some icing sugar
- You can skip the cocoa pd for vanilla sponge cake.an
- You can even add 2 tsp oil to this cake to make it more spongy. But i felt it was really moist as is .
- If cake batter is too thick you can add generous amount of milk to make it flowing consistency but only little amount should me needed for doing this .
- Before in inverting the cake i a tray stand it for 5 mins and try to invert it and even remove the side of the cake from pan using a knife. This helps in getting clean cake without sticking to the cake pan . :)
Sending to Homely Food