We all love to have Indian breads and especially the traditional once. Kulchas is one such traditional Indian bread which is loved by every one with some spicy gravy :). Traditionally Naan and kulcha are roasted in a tandoori oven . But as we can't get tandoori oven at home we can make them either on stove top or oven . Kulchas are
leavened flat bread . The process of making Kulcha is similar to a naan except that instead of wheat flour, here maida is used to make flat bread. Kulcha was developed in Punjab, especially Amritsar which is why even in western countries, it is common to see restaurants flaunting this flat bread as Amritsari Kulcha. It would be proper to treat Kulcha as a variant of naan.
Now lets move on to this flavorful kulcha.. thanks you meenu anuty for this yummy recipe .. Click here to see Meenu Anuty 's Garlic kulcha
3 cups Maida (plain flour)
3 tbsp curd
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp sugar
salt to taste
oil for kneading.
2-3 garlic cloves chopped finely
Coriander leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, sieve Maida and add curd, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and garlic cloves.
- Knead this to a smooth dough adding water little by little.
- Apply some oil to the dough and mix well. Cover the dough with wet cloth and keep it for 4-5 hours at warm place and the dough would double in size.
- Knead the dough again with greased hands. Make some lemon sized balls of the dough and keep aside. Take one ball and roll it out in desired shape slowly either oblong or round.
- After rolling press some chopped garlic and coriander
- Roast on tawa or griddle as I did. Roast both sides and take it off. Apply some butter and serve hot with any gravy .
When we roast these kulchas with finely chopped garlic in it , It gives a very nice flavor .
Sending to Homely Food