Here i am with another all time favorite street food which is loved by all :) . Thanks too sneha i was missing this badly . Yes today's recipe is shared by my dear friend +Sneha Jain n i know this is all time favorite street food for every foodie :)... So without any further ado lets quickly see this delicious street food Golgappas been shared by +Sneha Jain ...
Over to +Sneha Jain :)
My love lust & life… Almost everyone’s all time favorite chaat! Yes.. GolGappas.. The name gol gappa refers to the crisp sphere (gol) that is placed in the mouth and eaten (gappa) one at a time. It’s a bubble like thing larger than the cute wide parted lips ! :D
People think making puris at home is tedious , but its much simpler & crispy crunchy snack.. Here we shall learn to make the puris so that you don’t get disappointed when your heart craves for paani puri & the shops are closed, or you end up getting puris that have lost there crispiness. If puri’s aren’t crisp the whole joy is disturbed..
1 cup rava/ sooji/ semolina
1 tbsp all purpose flour/ maida
Pinch of Baking Soda
Salt to taste
Oil for Frying
Method of Preparation
- Mix sooji, maida, baking soda and salt in a wide mouth vessel. Now add warm water little by little to knead a stiff dough. (should be a little loose than the chapathi dough as semolina absorbs much water)
- Cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep it aside for atleast 2 hrs.
- Now make tiny tiny balls, roll & deep fry. This may be time consuming but makes difference .
Note – You can also make bigger balls, roll out thin rotis. Cut small small pieces with the help of a lid of any container.
Points to remember before frying
- Always ensure that the oil is hot before frying otherwise the puris will soak in excess oil and will not puff. Put a small testing puri. If it comes up fast then the oil is rightly hot.
- Also the oil should not be smoking hot or the puris will get burnt.
- While frying, press them in the center allow them to puff up.
- Now flip them over and let them cook. Take them out on a kitchen towel when they are light brown and crisp. I love little dark ones so I fried for a little more time.
- Let them cool. Later store in an airtight container.
Happy Cooking …!!
Wow perfectly made golgappas sneha :) thank you for sharing this recipe :) Stay tuned for more yummy recipes.