Here i am with yet another recipe being shared for my event :) So happy to post all the yummy recipes which non - blogger's have dedicated to this event and where working sharing interesting recipes here :) Lets move on to today's recipe . Today's recipe is being shared my dear +Sneha Jain. This is an delicious and yummy dessert . Thank you +Sneha Jain for sharing this yummy delicacy .
Over to +Sneha Jain
As the name goes, we gonna make Greeeeen Halwa ! Go Green ! We shall use bottle gourd & make a healthy halwa. This is a different way to use this vegetable. I am not adding Khoya, milk maid which are processed foods. Shall use the natural & always available things yet make tasty & healthy one.
2 cups grated bottle gourd
1 cup Warm Milk
4 tbsp Ghee
½ cup sugar
2 pinch Cardamom powder
2 tsp Ghee roasted dry fruits (almonds & cashews)
Green food color (optional, not used here)
Method of Preparation
- Peel the bottle gourd & grate it.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add the grated bottlegourd & sauté for 20 mins. Keep stirring in-between (until the raw flavor completely cooked & its becomes much tender)
- Now add warm milk & add food color if needed.
- Cook for about ½ an hour, stirring in-between till all the milk is absorbed and halwa becomes dry.
- Then add sugar & mix well. Cook for about 5 mins.
- Add roasted nuts & cardamom powder, mix & serve hot.
- Always use heavy bottom pan, otherwise halwa will stick to the bottom of the pan and it will burn.
- Keep stirring in between while making halwa.
Sorry for the blurry pic dearies . She did her best to send me her own clicks which should be appreciated :) thank you sneha for this wonderful recipe :) Stay tuned for more such yummy recipes :)