Hi friends !! Today am here with an simple post on how to make home made sprouts . My mom used make these sprouts and give us as much as possible because of the nutrients it contains . Sprouts are a very rich source of vitamin c and so my mom used to make us stir fry of these sprouts which used to taste delicious . My h loves to have sprouts sundal a lot so made some sprouts at home. Here is the simple instructions to make sprouts at home/Ankurit Moong. I have used moon but you can make them with any grain.
Whole Mung Beans – 1 cup (yields 4 cups sprouted)
Water – 5-6 cups
Cheesecloth or thin kitchen towel
- Wash Moong dal well and soak them in Water overnight.
- Drain all of the water from the Moong..
- Place soaked Moong dal in a damp cheesecloth or thin dish towel and twist the sides of the cloth together.
- Place cloth with Moong dal inside of a container with a lid. Do not use a clear container.
- Cover the container and keep it in a warm, dark place away from light. (Oven in OFF mode works well).
- Leave the Moong Beans for 1 day checking on them occasionally. If the cloth seems to have dried up, lightly sprinkle water on it to re-moisten it.
- In 1 day, the Moong Sprouts will be ready to eat, raw or cooked. You can see the sprouts coming thru the cloth . If don't then you keep them tide for 1 more day but check them occasionally .
- If you do not want to use them right away, then you can refrigerated or you can freeze them.
- Follow the same method for any type of whole beans.
Try making Sprouted Moong and potato curry with these sprouts
Sending To Cooks joy