Thank you meenu anuty for this quick version of dal we enjoyed a lot . Click here to see meenu anuty's recipe :)
1 cup green whole moong
1 tsp fenugreek seeds
2 Green chillies
1/2 tsp red chilli pd
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
a pinch of hing/ Asafortida
a small piece of chopped ginger
salt to taste
1/4 tsp Amchur pd or 1 tsp lemon juice
Few curry Leaves
Few chopped coriander leaves
- Soak moong dhal and fenugreek in water for 1 hour.
- In pressure cooker, cook moong with fenugreek seeds with one cup of water.
- Keep for 2 whistles and once pressure cooker cools down, open the lid and roughly mash the moong or use hand blender or a spatula.
- Add some more water and then add all dry ingredients ,salt, turmeric, amchur, asafoetida . Also add finely chopped green chilli with curry leaves and ginger.
- Boil the dal till you get the right consistency and all the ingredients come together. Serve hot with rice or roti . Garnish them with coriander leaves.
- If using lemon juice add it 5 mins before you remove dhal from heat.
- You can even add chole/kabuli channa to this dal and make it more delicious and healthy .
Sending to Homely Food