Peas and palak are a delicious green veggie's with lost of nutrients in it. They form a wonderful combo when added to a dish and makes the dish look more delicious .Thanks to Meenu anuty for sharing this delicious Rice variety :) Click here for her version :)
This is an simple and easy to make lunch box recipe which tastes yummy . You can have this rice with any raita and papad :) Lets move on to this easy quick recipe.
1 cup rice
1 bunch spinach chopped
1 cup peas
1 onion chopped
1 small Tomato
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 green chilli (slit)
1/2 tsp Red chilli pd
1/4 tsp Turmeric pd
1/2 tsp cumin pd
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp oil
salt to taste
- Boil rice with salt and keep it aside. In a pan heat oil, add jeera and let it splutter.
- Add onion and saute till they are translucent.
- Add green chilli and chopped spinach and stir them well..After the spinach has reduce its volume add peas and saute them till they are cooked.
- Add red chilli pd, cumin pd, turmeric pd and little salt as the rice already has salt.
- Mix well and cook till the raw smell of the masala's goes off . Add lemon juice and mix again lightly. Finally add boiled rice and mix gently.
- Don't over mix them as the rice may break. Peas palak rice is ready to serve with raita.
Sending to Homely Food