Have you ever tried to make a chutney with potato :) here i am with yet another delicious chutney variety. This chutney is an yummy and easy accompaniment for idli /dosa. Potato when added to any recipe makes the recipe more tasty so i tried it as chutney this time. My H and I love this chutney a bit spicier and this chutney has to be served warm :) Lets move on to one unique chutney recipe :)
Boiled Potato - 1 large
Onion /shallots- 6-7 cup
curry leaves 1/2 cup
Green chillies- 2 no (i like spicy so added 2 chillies you can reduce )
salt to taste
oil- 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1tsp
Urad dhal - 1tsp
- Heat oil in a kadai/ skillet . Add the small onion/shallots and saute.
- add green and curry leaves saute them
- add boiled potatoes and saute for few minute.
- Turn off the heat and let them cool
- Grind it in blender to a smooth paste.
- In a skillet heat oil , add mustard and urad dhal.
- Now add the prepared paste and stir well if the mixture is too thick you can add water to it.
- Bring them to boil and then turn off the heat.
- Serve this chutney hot with idli/dosa.
Sending to Cook's joy