Today am going to share a very healthy and delicious variety of pakoda . This pakoda was shared by my buddy +Divya Prakash of "Divya's culinary journey" :) . She is a lovely blogger and very kind hearted person . Her blog is filled with so many yummy and delicious recipes and her clicks are just amazing. She had shared these pakodas long back which tempted me a lot and i tired them on the same day i saw these. Adding some own touches to the original recipes , these pakodas where great hit and my h loved them a lot . Thanks to +Divya Prakash for this delicious recipe and am glad that i tried it :).. These are perfect tea time snack and a very gud variation in pakoda's. Lets quickly move on to today's special snack from divya's space.
Recipe Source : Divya's culinary journey
Ragi flour- 1 1/2 cups
Spinach (chopped) - 1/2 cup
Onion (chopped)- 3/4 cup
Green chilli - 1 no (Finely chopped)
Ginger- 1inch (finely chopped)
Red Chilli pd- 1/2 tsp
Cumin Pd- 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pd- 1/4 tsp
Curry leaves (chopped)- 1 sprigs
Cilantro(chopped)- 2 Tbsp
Sounf/Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
Oil - 1 tbsp (for pakoda batter)
Oil to deep fry
- In a bowl combine flour, Red chilli powder, turmeric powder,Cumin pd salt and to this mix onions,spinach, chopped ginger, curry leaves, fennel seeds and chopped cilantro.
- Add water little by little and keep kneading till they are well combined . Then add 1 tbsp of hot oil to this and mix well.
- In a kadai/ skillet, heat enough oil to deep fry.Cluster the pakoda batter is hot oil and deep fry the pakodas in batches. Fry them till the pakodas turn crispy and the bubble in the oil settles down.
- Remove them from oil, drain them in paper towel and serve them hot with any chutney or sauce .
- The batter of these pakoda should not be too thick and nor too thin. They have to be clustered in the oil . So adjust the water accordingly. This depends the flour type you are using .
- Deep fry these pakodas in batches and don't over crowd them will frying . This helps in making these pakodas more crispier .
- You can even add little amount of pottukadalai /Roasted channa dal/ even peanuts to this pakodas to get the crunchy bites in these pakodas. :)
Thank you for these delicious snack divya :) we loved this a lot n i'll be making them again :) This one is for you my dear friend !!