Hi friends !! Here I am with another delicious entry from a new participant for my event "Come On - Lets Cook Buddies" . Today we are here with +Bini Basheer an Non- blogger and a fb fan of my page to share an healthy and delicious recipe with us :) Thank you for sharing you recipe bini and being a part of this event :) Lets know more about bini :)
Hi Bini !! Tell my readers some interesting things about you ?
My name is Bini Basheer. I am from Kerala. I am working in Kerala State Electricity Board..I have got my mom and dad at my home. My marriage is almost fixed...I came to know about this event through FB.
Glad to know about you Bini :)
Over to +Bini Basheer
This is one of my favorite vegetarian dish as it is very easy to prepare...A very common dish to keralites..The basic ingredient is an inevitable one in Indian kitchen...RED SPINACH...So the name of this dish is "RED SPINACH THORAN "....Ofcourse, u can try this using green spinach too...So letz start...
Red spinach/chuvanna cheera - 1 bunch ( finely chopped)
Coconut (grated) - 1 cup (tea cup)
Garlic - 2 pods (chopped)
Green chilly - 2 (chopped)
Shallots/cheriya ulli/chuvannulli - 2 pods (chopped)
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp (small)
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp (small)
Mustard seeds - 3/4 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 stalk
Red chilly/vattalmulaku - 1 no
Black gram dal/uzhunnu parippu - 3/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tsp
Salt - for taste
Method of preparation
- Wash the leaves well..Drain it and chop well.
- Grind ingredients two to six in a grinder and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai and put mustard seeds..let it splutter
- add red chilli, curry leaves and saute for 2- 3 seconds
- Add black gram dal and saute well for few seconds
- Add the grinded mixture and saute well till it becomes light brown.
- Now add chopped spinach leaves and mix well.
- Add salt and stir well.
- Cover the kadai with a lid and cook for some minutes in low flame..
- Off the flame and serve with hot rice.
Wow that was such an delicious and healthy recipe Bini :) Thank you for sharing this with us :)