We love have tomato rice but what if we make use of tomato soup in a puloa :) sounds really interesting right ?! . Yes when i saw this in +Meena B anuty's space i was also excited to try this different recipe . This rice is very easy to make and delicious variety in which you can taste the soup :) Thank you meenu anuty for share this innovative recipe we loved it :) Click here for meenu anuty's recipe.
1 cup rice washed and soaked
1/2 cup tomato soup ( I used Campbells condensed tomato soup)
1/2 cup mix vegetables of your choice ( I have used here peas,beans, carrots and potatoes)
1 no onion sliced
1 no bay leaf
1 no dalchini/cinnamon stick
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 no cardamom broken
1 tsp garam masala pd
1 tsp red chilli pd
1/4 tsp Turmeric pd
1/2 tsp cumin pd
1 tbsp ghee
2 cups Water
Salt to taste
- Heat ghee in a pan add cinnamon , cloves ,bay leaf cardamon when they pop add onion and saute till they turn transparent . Then add .ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Add mix vegetables, stir them for a min .Add the condensed tomato soup and saute till the raw smell goes.
- Add red chilli pd, turmeric pd, garam masala, cumin pd, salt and stir them well . Let them cook till all the raw smell in masala's goes off. . As i made this rice in rice cooker i didn't allow to cook the vegetables more
- In a rice cooker add the washed rice , 2 cups of water and the vegetable mixture (if you have added less salt in vegetable mixture then you can add it now ). Stir it well and cook it rice cooker.
- You can even make in on stove by following the same method - cover the vessel and cook this rice in low flame (Keep an eye on it when you are making on stove top as it may need more water to cook ).
- Delicious Tomato Soup puloa is ready to serve with any raita :)
- You can also cook the rice separately with the tomato soup and then cook vegetable separately. Then you can combine both .Either way you make its going to taste delicious :)
Sending to Homely Food