Here i am with another delicious recipe shared by +Aishwarya Srinivasan for my event "Come on - Lets Cook Buddies" :) Lets see the recipe she has got for us today :)
This is My Last recipe for this Event. Thanks to Manju for giving me a wonderful opportunity to share my recipes in her Blog and thanks to all Bloggers who commented for my recipes.
Iyengar Famous Akkaravadisal is the yummiest recipe and I dedicate this recipe to my family :) Akkaravadisal is prepared on 27th day of Margazhi month ( Koodaraivalli) and offered to Lord Krishna. In 27th Poem of Thiruppavai , Lord Andal says " Mooda nei peidhu Muzhangai vazhivaara ".So, we prepare this recipe with lots of ghee.
Rice - 1/2 cup
Moong Dal - 1/2 cup
Milk - 2 cups (Boiled)
Jaggery (Powdered) - 3/4 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Cardamom - 4
Cashews - 10
Golden Raisin - 10
Ghee - 5 tbsp.
Saffron - a pinch (Optional)
Edible Camphor - a pinch (Optional)
Milk - 1 cup ( Boil until it reduces to 1/4 cup, Rabadi) (Optional)
Method of Preparation
- Dry roast the rice and dal until it becomes slightly brown color.
- Soak it in milk for 1 hour.
- Add jaggery and water. Boil until it melts completely. Strain the dust.
- Pressure cook the soaked rice and dal with milk until it cooked well. (4 whistle)
- Once it is cooked, mash it well .
- In a pan add 1 tbsp. of ghee, roast cardamom, cashews and raisin. Add to the rice mixture.
- Add Jaggery water, saffron edible camphor and remaining ghee. Mix well again.
- Add rabadi and mix well. But it is purely optional. I didn't use it.
- Akkaravadisal is ready.
Please be generous to use ghee for this recipe.
Thank you for sharing new and delicious recipes in my space +Aishwarya Srinivasan :)