Hi friends !! Am here with a delicious dessert for a friend who's birthday is today :). Yes Its +Shama Nagarajan our dear buddy and a wonderful blogger :). To celebrate her b'day we friends thought of giving her a virtual party and here is a sweet recipe from her blog :) This is an delicious sweet i selected for this sweet friend to make for her on her b'day.. Shama is a very sweet person who have been so encouraging and supportive blogger friend and no need to say a very kind person .. Glad i found her through this blogging world. .. Oops Before moving on to the recipe ...
"I wish a many more happy returns and funfilled year ahead +Shama Nagarajan "
Today's post is dedicated to you +Shama Nagarajan :) This is an delicious sweet i selected from shama's blog to surprise her on her b'day :)
Apple halwa is an delicious and yummy sweet which can be prepared for any occasion and enjoyed :) Here is my version of apple halwa which i made for Shama from her blog Do check her version here :) . A sweet recipe made of fiber-rich apples, this fruity delight is truly irresistible.
Apples - 2
Milk - 1 cup
Non fat Milk pd - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 4 Tbsp
Ghee - 1 1/2 Tbsp
Almonds and Cashews - to garnish
Turmeric powder/ Orange yellow color - a pinch for color (optional)
- Heat Ghee in a kadai and saute the grated apple in ghee for few minutes.
- Add milk pd,sugar and milk , stir well and cook till the milk is totally absorbed. The halwa should not stick to kadai any more and leave ghee .
- Heat a small amount of ghee in separate a pan fry cashews,almond and elachi till they get roasted.
- Finally add them to halwa and mix them.
- You can add khoya instead of milk pd .
- I prefer adding the dry fruits by separately frying them and adding in halwa to retain the crunchiness in the nuts and also for an extra flavor :)
Once again wishing you a very happy b'day shama :) Enjoy :)
Do visit my friends blog too as we all are celebrating Shama's B'day Today :)
+Priya Suresh , +Sangeetha M , and +Divya Prakash
Sending Virudhu unna vaanga