Here i am with another delicious entry being shared for my event Come on - Lets cook buddies by +Sneha Jain . Lets move on to today's Delicious recipe by sneha :)
Over to +Sneha Jain :)
It is a popular North Indian breakfast recipe & is quite filling & satiating. I am gonna give it a different taste by using cabbage instead of cauliflower & make it little fat using raw banana & create a melting sensation to the taste buds by adding cheese..! thus making it an international flavor..
2 cups chopped Cabbage
1 cup boiled raw banana (smashed)
3 Green Chilly (finely chopped)
½ tsp pav bhaaji masala
1 tsp chilly powder
2 pinch turmeric powder
½ tspn Cumin powder
¼ tspn dry ginger powder
2 tbsp chopped coriander
Few drops Lemon
3 cubes Grated Cheese
2 tspn oil
Salt to taste
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup Milk (Use more as needed)
1 tsp Ghee
Salt to taste
Ghee / Oil for frying
Method of Preparation
- First make the dough & rest it for 30 mins.
- Knead all the ingredient under ”dough” & make it as chappati dough.
- Heat oil in a wok & first add green chilly, then raw banana & lastly cabbage . Fry for 5 mins.
- Add the other ingredients except cheese & cook for about 2-3 mins.
- Stuffing is ready.
Now lets make the wraps or parathas
- Make lemon sized balls & roll like a chapati, but a little thicker.
- Spread 2-3 tsp of stuffing evenly on one chappati & Top with grated cheese(approx one cube). Cover it with another rolled chappati. Make sure the edges are sealed.
- Heat a flat tava (griddle) on medium heat, once hot put this wrap on it. Cook for about a minute & then flip.
- While the other side is cooking, apply some ghee/oil on the side facing up. Again flip & cook the side with ghee/oil till its well done & golden in color.(can use a wooden press to cook evenly)
- Repeat the process for other side too. Once both sides are well cooked remove from griddle.
- Yummy cheeeesy wraps are ready. Serve hot with Green Chutney/Sweet chutney/Sauce/Curd
- Make large lemon sized balls out of the dough.
- Roll to a small chapathi & place 2-3 tsp of stuffing.
- Wrap it again by folding it into square shape or balls as shown
- Dust it with flour & roll to thick chappatis & fry as above.
- You can use water too instead of milk for dough
- You Can make the wraps by using only cabbage or raw banana separately.