Today am here to share an delicious recipe made by partner in Jagruti's Potluck party . Princy author of Spicy Food has made this delicious channa/chole puloa for our this potluck and i was so happy to try this as am a big fan of garbanzo beans or chole :) Thanks for sharing such an delicious recipe princy . do visit her blog she has wonderful collection of recipes :).. This was not only easy to make but was a delicious and spicy treat for us.
Channa/ chole pulao is a yummy rice varity made in jiffy and taste super delicious . Chickpea / chole/ garbanzo beans make this rice protein rich and makes them a nutritious one. You can make them as spicy or as mild as you wish her is the recipe how we like to have in our family :) Lets see for the ingredients and recipe to make these delicious rice .
Cooked rice - 1 cup (basmati preferably)
Cooked chick peas - 1/2 cup ( cook chickpeas in pressure cooker with little amount of salt and water till the immerse for 3 whistles)
Cardamom - 2
Cloves - 4
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch pieces
Bay leaf - 1 no
Onions 1 medium ( chopped)
Tomato 1 medium (chopped)
Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
Green chilli - 1 slit
Ginger garlic paste - 1tsp
Cumin pd - 1/4 tsp
Red Chill pd - 1/4 tsp
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Coriander powder 1 n half tsp
Pav bhaji Masala 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Chopped coriander/cilantro leaves For garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, add the curry leaves, bay leaf, cinnamon , cloves .
- Now add the green chilli and onions , Saute them till onion turn transparent,.Then add the ginger garlic paste and saute well
- Add the tomato and cook them till they are mushy . Add some water if needed to make a smooth paste.
- Add all the dry pd spices - Red chilli pd, turmeric pd, cumin pd, pav bhaji pd to the well cooked tomatoes and saute well till combined .
- Add the cooked chick peas and mix well till the masala's coat on the chick pea / chole
- Add salt to taste ( remember that you have added and saute them for a minute .
- Add the cooked rice and mix well till all the rice grains combine and coated with the prepared masala.
- Sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves just before serving.
- Serve hot with any raita and papads.
- You can use sambhar pd instead of pav bhaji masala and they taste yummy even .
- The amount of spice are given as per our family tastes you can change the quantity as per your families taste buds .
Sending to Jagruti's potluck party
Sending to merry tummy