Hi friends !! Sorry i had been absent in this blogging world for about a month i hope.. My lappy crashed and i was missing it badly for so long hope all are doing gud :).. Sorry bcoz of this was unable to hop to you your lovely blogs :) Now am back with lots of delicious recipes to come..
The much awaited reveal date for pizza has already come and sorry that am the last to complete my challenge. Thanks to +Priya Suresh aks for this lovely group she created in the name of "Home baker challenge" where we get to bake each month with different and delicious baking challenges being challenged by the group members. So glad am a part of it and happy to finish my second challenge. This months challange "Mango chocolate marble cake" was challenged by my dear +Sangeetha M of " Spicy treat". Am a mango lover and this was the perfect challenge for this season :) Thank you for this delicious challenge sangee we loved and enjoyed every bite of this cake :)..
All Purpose flour- 2 cups
Baking powder- 1 and 1/2 tsp
Baking Soda- 1/2 tsp
Salt -1/4 tsp
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Oil - 5 tbsp(i used Extra light Olive oil)
Vanilla essence-1 tsp
Chocolate chips- 1/4 cup ( melt them in microwave for 30 minutes at a time and repeat this till completely melted string them every 30 minutes interval)
Mango Pulp-1 cup ( i used fresh mango pulp)
Milk- 1/4 cup
Buttermilk 1/4 cup
How to make Buttermilk for cakes ?
Milk (just under one cup)
1 Tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- Place a Tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice in a liquid measuring cup.
- Add enough milk to bring the liquid up to the one-cup line.
- Let stand for five minute. Then, use as much as your recipe calls for.
Now lets move on to the cake recipe :)
Method ( For preparing cake)
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit and Grease & line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar & oil then to this add mango pulp, milk, yogurt, vanilla, buttermilk and mix well.
- In another small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt mix and now add this flour mixture to the mango-milk mixture and mix until everything combine well.
- Now take a small cup, add Melted chocolate and mix well.
- Then transfer half of the mango batter to another bowl and add this cocoa paste and combine well.
- Now both your mango batter & chocolate batter are ready.
- Then to the lined loaf pan or a round cake pan , add mango n chocolate batter alternatively like a checker board pattern or simply fill with vanilla/mango batter then add remaining chocolate batter in 3 small circles, make swirls using a skewer as u like.
- Tap the pan gently to set the batter evenly and bake it for 50-55 minutes or until done(check by inserting a knife or toothpick which should come out clean). Voila our yummy mango chocolate marble cake is ready :)
- I used fresh mango pulp for this recipe but store bought sweetened mango pulp but reduce the sugar to 1/2 cup .
- This cake won't rise too much so u can fill up to 3/4 of the pan, as i wanted to show the checker board marble pattern in detail added only half batter,
- But u can make it smiple marble pattern by adding mango butter first then pour the chocolate batter and make swirls as u like..
- U can also add chopped nuts to this.
- Instead of melting the chocolate an adding to the chocolate mixture you can use Cocoa Powder 1/4 cup ( mix with 2 tbsp warm water) and mix them for chocolate batter.
- I used melted milk chocolate chips you can use dark chocolate chip even.
- I also made a muffin out the extra batter left
Thanks for the lovely challenge sangee :) i enjoyed making this marble cake and they really tasted yummy :) Thanks to HBC for this lovely opportunity to bake lots of new bakes :) Sucessfully completing last months challenge :)