Hi friends !! Here in am with an delicious recipe shared by +Sneha Jain for my event "Come on - Lets cook buddies" :). Lets quickly move on to the delicious recipe sneha has got for us today :)
Delicious, crunchy, and nutty peanuts are one of the popular oil seeds known to human kind since ancient times. The nuts are enriched with many noteworthy health-benefiting nutrients that are essential for optimum health. They are actually legumes but have almost all the qualities that true nuts like almonds have
Peanut chutney is a good substitute for coconut chutney & can be stored & used when nothing is available as side dish.
Ingredients (For jeera rice)
1 Cup Rice
2 Cups Water
1 tsp Ghee
1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
Salt to taste
1 cup Ground nuts
10 Dry chillies
1 tsp Cumin Seeds
1 tsp Urad dal
2 tsp Dry coconut powder
Few curry leaves
2 pinch Asafoetida
Salt to taste
1 tsp Oil
Method of preparation ( For jeera rice)
- Add all ingredients in a vessel & pressure cook for 4 whistles. Steaming hot Jeera Rice is ready..
Method of Preparation (For Peanut Podi)
- Roast ground nuts on medium flame, peel off the skin and keep aside.
- In a pan, heat oil & fry red chilli for 1minute, add cumin seeds, Urad dal, asafoetida, curry leaves & fry for 2 mins.
- Cool the ingredients completely . To this add groundnuts, dry coconut powder & grind to a powder (finely or coarsely as per your wish).
- Serve with idli, dosa, hot rice with Ghee or on khankara.
Here I have made steaming Jeera rice & mixed the podi with hot ghee. Just YUMMM !!!!