Mango-ginger is neither related to mango nor ginger but to turmeric. This root is so healthy which helps aid digestion.It is also helpful in the treatment of asthma, bronchitis, cough etc.When it is crushed it gives sweet smell of unripe mango. The flavor is predominantly ginger with a delightful faint aroma and taste of mango. However, the taste is not as sharp as ordinary ginger is. so these can be made use of making delicious mango flavored ginger pickles , preserves etc. Today i am here with a pachadi recipe using this flavorful ambe haldi/ maa inji a side for hot and spicy rice . Lets move on to the recipe quickly :)
100 gm Mango ginger root / maa inji/ ambe haldi
1 cup yogurt
1/4 cup grated coconut
2 tsp mustard seeds
2-3 Whole red chillis
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tbsp Oil
salt to taste
- Chop mango ginger root into small size cubes.
- In a pan heat oil add half the mustard seeds after they splutter add curry leave, whole red chillis and mango ginger root .
- Saute till the roots become soft , turn of the stove and keep it aside.
- In a blender blend coconut, mustard seeds ( remaining half) coarsely. Add curd and give it a blend .
- Now add the mango ginger root tempering to the curd mix and mix salt to taste.
- Serve this pachadi with any hot and spicy rice . They taste really yumm.
So this goes for the Potluck party for this month :)
Sending to JCO 's potluck party
Sending to Enveetu Kitchen by CupoNation