Today am here with an delicious and very quick recipe with very less ingredients.. This halwa is so quick and and yummy way to have mangoes . As am so crazy about mango i loved to taste this delicious Indian halwa variety . I had only one cup of mango lying in my fridge so wanted to make use them that's when i got a chance to make this delicious flavored :). It is delicious way to use fruits for indian dessert and i love to incorporate fruits in indian sweets like halwa's and kheers :). You can also check my other indian sweet recipes using fruits like Orange kheer, Mango badam halwa, Apple halwa, straw- and blue- berries shrikand, Watermelon Halwa, Banana Malpua
Now lets move to this quick and simple halwa
Canned Mango Pulp – 1 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup (adjust to taste)
Ghee – 1 tsp
Cashew – for garnishing (optional)
- Grease a rimmed plate or a pan if you want to cut the halwa into squares and set aside. I was making very less amount so serve as is and set it in liner.
- In a microwave safe bowl (with lid) mix together sugar and mango pulp.
- Microwave this mixture for 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes. After 15 minutes, stir once again and keep it for 5 minutes
- Now add a teaspoon of ghee and microwave for another 30 seconds
- Transfer to a greased rimmed plate and allow it to set or transfer it to a liner and cool them .
- Heat ghee in a small pan and sauté the cashew until golden and set aside.
- After 30 minutes and enjoy!
- Only canned pulp works for this halwa as i tried to making with the fresh mango pulp but was not happy with results.
- I have served this halwa in a liner but you can set in rimmed plate and cut them in to pieces as i made very less quantity of halwa :)