Pulao's are comfort food that can be made in minutes and are delicious even . Carrot and pea are generally a delicious combo and by making puloa with this combo makes it more delicious and colorful too. This combo of veggie pulao needs really less time to prepare and therefore can be made in jiffy . This can be a perfect lunch box pulao which is easy to prepare and pack with no fuzz and needs so special side , a cup raita will do and you can enjoy this delicious puloa .. This pulao I prepared for +Divya Pramil b'day from her blog and we really enjoyed this healthy and delicious combo of veggie in a pulao :) Click here to see divya's peas carrot pulao. Thanks divya for sharing this delicious puloa .. This puloa was a really quick and a yummy one :)
Basmati rice - 1.5 cups
Water - 2.5 cups
Big onions - 2
Carrots - 2
Fresh/ frozen/ dried Peas- 1 cup
Green chillies - 1
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch long stick
Bay leaf - 1
Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1/4 tsp
Cloves - 1-2
Salt - As per taste
Ghee - 4 to 5 spoons
Rice Cooker Method
- Wash basmati rice in water three times, this helps to remove extra starch and avoids the stickiness between grains after cooking. Then soak the washed rice in water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- In rice cooker add 2 1/2 cup of water , rice, whole spices - cumin, cinnamon stick, cloves, bay leaves, salt and cook them. Note : I made this in rice cooker you can even make this pulao in pressure cooker but no need to cook the rice first in that case you can directly saute the veggies in pressure cooker and then cook the rice together.
- Meanwhile slice onions and carrots into very thin slices.
- I used frozen peas but if your are using dried peas you need soak them a hour or so. Slice green chillies remove the seeds and set them aside.
- Now heat the pan and add ghee to it.
- Then add the sliced onions and saute well until it turns translucent then saute green chilli and ginger garlic paste for few minutes .
- Now add the sliced carrots and peas, salt and saute well till the veggies get half done .
- Mix in the cooked rice in the carrot peas mixture and make sure that you don't break the rice . Stir gently so that it gets coated with ghee and veggie mixture well.
Pressure Cooker Method
- If you are making in pressure cooker saute the veggies in the same, add the soaked basmati rice, water and then you can cook them in pressure cooker for 10 minutes in high flame then 10 minutes in low flame After it releases the pressure you can open and give it a mix.
Serve this pulao hot with any raita or pachadi or even a spicy gravy :)
- For 1 cup of rice 1 1/2 cup water should be gud as we want are pulao to be grainy and each rice should be separated.
- You can also add some fried cashews to this pulao for extra taste and flavor.
- I made the rice in rice cooker with the whole spices so that they enhance all the flavors and get that aromatic smell all over your home :)
Sending to Guru's cooking
Sending to Enveetu Kitchen by CupoNation