I am back with and delicious cookie recipe which was a part of the challenge in our HBC group .I loved the Strawberry nutella thumbprint cookie a lot and wanted to make these sandwich cookies even . So i gave it a try and they came out so well and where delicious i love short bread cookies as such but sandwiching then with jam made it look more attractive and taste was excellent .Thanks to +Vijayalakshmi Dharmaraj of Virudhu unna vanga who challenged us with these delicious cookies this month :) Now lets move on too our cookies.
All purpose flour – 3 ½ Cup + more for dusting the work surface & rolling pin
Salt – ¼ Tsp
Unsalted butter – 1 ½ Cup (3 Sticks)
Granulated sugar – 1 Cup
Vanilla essence – 1 Tsp
Raspberry jam or fruit jam of your choice ( I used blueberry jam) – ¾ Cup Confectioner’s sugar or icing suagr – For dusting the cut-out cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F/175 C.
- In a bowl mix together butter and sugar until they are just combined.
- Add the vanilla to it and mix it once.
- In another mixing bowl sift together the flour and salt, then add them to the butter and sugar mixture and combined well to make dough.
- Dump onto a surface dusted with flour and shape into a flat disk. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough ¼ inch thick and cut 2 ¾ inch rounds with a plain or fluted cutter. With ½ of the rounds, cut a hole from the middle of each round with a heart or round shaped cutter. (I used heart shaped and a small round shape for inner part) and leave some cookies flat so that you spread some jam ... Place all the cookies on an ungreased baking sheet and chill for 15 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for 20-25 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Spread the jam on the flat side of each solid cookie.
- Dust the top of the cut-out cookies with confectioner’s sugar (this is completely optional ) and press the flat sides together, with the jam in the middle and the confectioner’s sugar on the top.
You can make these cookies in any shape you like and i also tried making them in thumprint cookie shapes even that came out good :)
Thanks to Viji for this delicious cookie challenge this month i thoroughly enjoyed baking them :)