If you have leftover rice at home and don't know how to use them in a delicious way you should try this steamed snack :) This is an delicious steamed snack which i tried from +Vardhini Koushik (Author of COOKS JOY) space for her b'day- click here :) . They tasted absolutely yummy and thanks to vardhini for sharing this delicious recipe :) Now moving on to the recipe this is an easy to make and a very healthy one . They are kids friendly too drop sufficient amount of ghee on these dumplings and kids would love to finish them :) .. Let see for the ingredients needed and the recipe..
2 1/2 cups chopped spinach
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
3/4 cup besan (Kadala maavu)
1 tsp cumin seeds (Jeeragam)
A pinch Asafoetida
1/2 tsp chilly powder
Salt to taste
2 tsp oil
1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste
- Take cooked rice and spinach in a bowl.
- Add besan, cumin seeds, chilly powder,ginger garlic paste,salt, oil and asafoetida.
- Mix then all together. If needed you sprinkle a little amount water till you form balls out of it.
- Form small balls and place in a vessel or a idli cooker and steam for 10 – 15 minutes as we do for idli.
- Enjoy these quick and healthy snack warm with pickle or even try this with coconut chutney.
- If you find the dumpling too dry then apply sufficient amount of ghee oh top of the steamed dumpling and enjoy them.
- You can even have this with any spicy south indian kozhambu :)
Thank you vardhini for sharing such yummy recipes we enjoyed to the core :)